Since September 2020, Lunchtime Company, has been working in partnership with Borough Academy.
From traditional classics, high street favourites and freshly made pasta sauces, Lunchtime Company offer something for all tastes. Choose from 3 daily meals, hot or cold pudding of the day, something from the fresh fruit platter or one of their natural yoghurts with fruit compote.
The Lunchtime Company wants to help students gain a real appreciation for good quality food, where it comes from, how it’s produced and why healthy food is important.
how to pay
A meal deal costs £2.60 and consists of main course option with seasonal vegetables, vegetarian option, dessert and a drink. Parents can pay for school meals via ParentPay which allows you to pay for school meals in advance. Parents and carers will be able to see the days students have a meal via ParentPay.
We encourage our students to eat a balanced and healthy diet. The Lunchtime Company offers a range of healthy, delicious meals. However, should your child prefer to bring a packed lunch, here are some guidelines we would appreciate you following:
Packed lunches should include:
- At least one portion of fruit and one portion of vegetables
- A carbohydrate food such as granary bread, pasta, or potato salad.
- Dairy food such as milk, cheese, yogurt or custard.
- Meat, fish or other sources of non-dairy products.
- Drinks should be water, still or sparkling, fruit juice, semi-skimmed milk, yogurt, milk drinks, or smoothies.
An example of a healthy lunch may look like this: tuna or ham salad sandwich, breadsticks with a hummus dip, cucumber or carrot batons, apple, yogurt, and a bottle of flavoured water.
Healthy guidance for packed lunches:
- An alternative to snacks such as crisps could be seeds, vegetables, or fruit. Savoury crackers or breadsticks served with fruit or vegetables are also a good choice.
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars and sweets are to be avoided. Cakes and biscuits should only be eaten as part of a balanced meal.
- Try to avoid processed meal products such as sausage rolls, individual pies, corned meat, and sausages/chipolatas where possible.
- Fizzy drinks or energy drinks are not allowed at School at all.
Allergies & Special Diets
- Please be aware that some students suffer from severe nut allergies. Please do not put items in your child's packed lunch containing nuts.
- We also recognise that some students may require special diets that do not exactly comply with Health In Education standards. In this case, we urge you to be responsible for ensuring that packed lunches are as healthy as possible.