PROUD TO BE HABERDASHERS
Our sponsors form part of our name and are a huge part of the culture within our Trust and our schools. The links with both of our sponsors are a unique and special part of what makes Haberdashers’ Trust and our schools what they are today.
The worshipful company of Haberdashers
Our heritage dates as far back as the 1680s. A substantial sum was donated to the Haberdashers' Company to build a school and educate 20 disadvantaged boys – giving them the chance to better themselves and lead fulfilling lives.
Our main sponsor is the Worshipful Company of Haberdashers. The Haberdashers’ Company is one of the Great Twelve Livery Companies of the City of London. Education is of prime importance to the Haberdashers' Company and today there are more than 12,000 children and young people in the Haberdashers’ family of schools that benefit from the relationship.
The Haberdashers' Company supports pupils, past and present, as they progress through their educational and professional journey, which offers pupils in the Haberdashers’ schools something truly unique.
The Haberdashers’ Advantage
There’s more to a Haberdashers’ education than what happens inside the classroom. We go the extra mile to ensure that each of our pupils is prepared and equipped for life beyond the school gates.
The Worshipful Company of Haberdashers generously provide support for our pupils by contributing to enrichment activities and subsidised travel opportunities, as well as funding annual student prizes. Steeped in tradition, a Haberdashers’ education is so much more than teaching and learning, with every student member becoming a lifetime member of the Haberdashers' family where they benefit from unrivalled networking and support opportunities through our Alumni Association. In 2020, there were 34 scholarships awarded across the Trust to a total value of £101,000.
The Haberdashers Company funds specialist teaching in music and in sport to enable our students to excel in these areas. Annual book prizes are awarded to some students in each year group at our speech days and throughout the year, there are competitions across the Haberdashers’ schools, where students can compete for prizes.
Haberdashers’ Opportunities include:
- All pupils visit the prestigious Haberdashers’ Hall in Smithfield
- Scholarships available for university courses and apprenticeships
- Livery Academy Awards and business mentors
- Participation in events like the Lord Mayor’s Show
- Haberdashers’ Musician of the Year
- Annual sporting competitions with other Haberdashers’ schools
- Oxford University Essay Writing Prize
- Monmouth City of London Work Experience Scheme
- The sixth form Haberdashers’ Advantage Scheme
For more information please visit the Haberdashers' website:
Temple Grove schools Trust
Temple Grove Schools Trust is a charitable trust dedicated to raising standards for primary education.
The Trust was founded some 50 years ago and springs from one of the country’s oldest prep schools, Temple Grove founded in 1810. The Trust seeks to provide all children with a breadth and depth of learning opportunities in order to realise individual aspirations and potential.
Our primary schools are extremely fortunate to have a partnership with the Temple Grove Schools Trust. Schools benefit from bursaries that allow us the opportunity to give our children learning experiences they may not get at other schools; including music lessons, professional coaches and multiple trips.
The Trust's core interests are to:
- Influence the development of education
- Invest in projects - placing children and staff before buildings
- Provide governance - delegating performance to professional staff and providing them with additional support
- Together, with the Temple Grove Bursary Fund, seek to relieve individual hardship, within its schools and other projects