Our Sponsors (including the Haberdashers Advantage)
THE HABERDASHERS' COMPANY
The Haberdashers' Company
18 West Smithfield
London EC1A 9HQ
Tel: 020 7246 9988
The Haberdashers' Company is one of the twelve 'great' Livery Companies of the City of London.
The Livery Companies developed from the medieval trade guilds which controlled the quality of the goods sold by their members and laid down standards for the training of apprentices - in the case of the Haberdashers the goods were hats, costume accessories and other small wares.
A company of Haberdashers are known to have existed in 1371. The Company reached the peak of its commercial influence during the Tudor period, and it was not until the second half of the seventeenth century that its function began to change.
Today the main concern of the Company is the administration of the many charities, primarily concerned with education, of which it is the trustee.
As trustee of the Aske’s Charity, the Haberdashers’ Company continues to safeguard the original intentions of Robert Aske. It has been the main sponsor of Haberdashers' Aske's Hatcham College since its inception and supports students in many aspects of their education, including music and higher education, and this now includes Haberdashers' Aske's Knights Academy and Haberdashers’ Aske’s Crayford Academy on an equal basis.
THE HABERDASHERS’ ADVANTAGE
Borough Academy students experience the Haberdashers’ Advantage in many ways:
- The Company makes funds available annually for inclusion purposes - to enable all students to participate in school trips and enrichment activities
- Resources are made available to pay for specialist teaching in music and in sport to enable our students to excel in these areas
- Work experience and apprenticeship opportunities are offered through members of the Company
- Annual book prizes are awarded to some students in each year group at our speech days and throughout the year
- Regular competitions across the Haberdashers’ schools, where students can compete for prizes in literature, business and mathematics
- Inclusive scholarships are available for 6th form students to support them through the duration of their courses at university
In order to truly understand the relationship with the Haberdashers’ company, members of the Company visit the federation schools regularly and student visits are organised to the Haberdashers’ Hall situated in the heart of Smithfield, in the city of London.
For more information please see the Haberdashers’ website:
TEMPLE GROVE SCHOOLS TRUST
The Temple Grove Schools Trust
1st Floor River Court, Mill Lane, Godalming, Surrey GU7 1EZ
Tel: 020 3371 8801
Temple Grove Schools Trust is an incorporated charity founded some 50 years ago and springs from one of the country’s oldest prep schools, Temple Grove - the subject of the books ‘Cradle of Empire’ and ‘Waterfield’s School’.
Temple Grove Bursary Fund is working together, with the Trust, to share in its contemporary aim to inspire excellence in primary education, whilst creating meaningful and lasting cross-overs between the state and private sectors.
The Trust's core interests are to:
- Influence the development of education
- Invest in projects - placing children and staff before buildings
- Provide governance - delegating performance to professional staff and providing them with additional support
- Together, with the Temple Grove Bursary Fund, seek to relieve individual hardship, within its schools and other projects